The members with the least amount of points after the last event in the series will be the Championship Winners.
Prizes are awarded to 1st/2nd/3rd in both under 40 and 40+ age categories for both male and female. The top dogs also get to take home some silverware too! Prizes are awarded at the end of season bash.
The events in the Club Championship Series for 2020 are as follows:-
- Sunday 2nd February: MTB Duathlon Venue TBC. Club contact for the event is Toby Vint
- Wednesday 12th February: Postal Swim, Venue Galashiels Swimming Pool. Basically this is see how far you can swim in 1 hour. Club contact for the event is Katrona Methven.
- Monday 1st April – 30th September: Kev’s Hill Climb Challenge – 2 hill climbs will be nominated 1 on road and 1 off road, ride as many times as you like and submit your best times. Club Contact’s are Graham Turnbull and Diane Ford
- Friday 5th June: Road Duathlon Venue Selkirk Rugby Club. Club contacts for the event are Graham Turnbull and Diane Ford
- Saturday 27th June: St Mary’s Loch Triathlon. Club contact for the event is “The Committee” (email@example.com).
- Saturday 18th July: The Town Challenge Venue Loch of the Lowes. This is a super sprint relay done in teams Club contact for the event is “The Committee” (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Wednesday 29th July: Aquathon Venue Galashiels Swimming Pool. Club contact for the event is Katrona Methven.
- Sunday 25th October: Cross Country Race Venue TBC. Club contact for the event is David Hunter.
Rules & How Points Are Gained
a) To be eligible for the competition each member must take part in a minimum of 4 events.
b) Points are given according to race position, so for example if 30 members take part then all 30 members will acquire points (1st 1 point, 2nd 2 points etc.)
c) Every member receives -1 point for taking part.
d) Every member who turns up to help out at any of the club events (this includes the club organised kids events) will receive -1 point for helping. This is limited to a max of 3 per person for the whole series though.
e) A roll down system will be implemented if not enough members qualify