The members with the least amount of points after the last event in the series will be the Championship Winners.
Prizes are awarded to 1st/2nd/3rd in both under 40 and 40+ age categories for both male and female. The top dogs also get to take home some silverware too! Prizes are awarded at the end of season bash.
The events in the Club Championship Series for 2019 are as follows:-
- Sunday 10th February: MTB Duathlon Venue TBC. Club contact for the event is Toby Vint
- Thursday 21st February: Postal Swim. Basically this is see how far you can swim in 1 hour. Club contact for the event is Katrona Methven.
- Monday 1st April – 30th September: Kev’s Hill Climb Challenge – Club Contact is `Keith MacLure.
- Friday 17th May: Tweedbank Road Duathlon. Club contact for the event is Charlie Roberts.
- Wednesday 7th August: Aquathon. Club contact for the event is Katrona Methven.
- Saturday 29th June/July: St Mary’s Loch Triathlon. Club contact for the event is “The Committee”.
- Sunday 8th September: The Town Challenge. Club contact for the event is “The Committee”.
- Sunday 20th October: Cross Country Race. Club contact for the event is David Hunter.
Rules & How Points Are Gained
a) To be eligible for the competition each member must take part in a minimum of 4 events.
b) Points are given according to race position, so for example if 30 members take part then all 30 members will acquire points (1st 1 point, 2nd 2 points etc.)
c) Every member receives -1 point for taking part.
d) Every member who turns up to help out at any of the club events (this includes the club organised kids events) will receive -1 point for helping. This is limited to a max of 3 per person for the whole series though.