Events and training
Club activities and events have resumed. We continue to adhere to Triathlon Scotland guidance and the Scottish government guidance, so:
- COVID-19 risk assessments have been completed for all training/events. The club has appointed COVID-19 officers who will review practices at training and group events as and when required. You may be reminded of the guidance by them, so be kind. We are hoping to recruit further COVID-19 Officers and if you think you can help then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you do attend a training session or event and feel uncomfortable or unsafe with the COVID-19 measures in place, then please let our welfare officer know. This will be dealt with in a confidential manner email: email@example.com please title your Email: Confidential Covid-19 Measures
- We continue to use TeamApp to register attendance at our sessions, please make sure you sign up on the Teams App prior to attending.
- Please ensure your contact number is up to date. Information collected on the Teams App will be stored for 21 days and passed to Test and Protect if needed.
- You must not share food or water at training or events even if it looks better than your own!
- Please do not attend any training or events if you have any Covid Symptoms
It is good for both your Physical and Mental health to get involved and the club looks forward to seeing you all either in person or virtually over the coming months.
The responsibility for reducing the spread with COVID-19 lies with us all of us, so:
- Members should adhere to the Scottish Government’s physical distancing guidelines of staying at least 2m away from others where possible.
- Members should not attend any training or events if they have Covid-19 symptoms.
- Face masks are not required when exercising but should be used at the start of a session and at the end if the session is indoors.
- Increased hygiene measures must be in place at all times:
- If you need to sneeze or cough, do so into a tissue or upper sleeve. Dispose of your tissue into an appropriate bin or place in a plastic bag and take home.
- Wash your hands afterwards for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your face and ensure you clean your hands with at least 60% alcohol gel or with soapy water when you finish participating.
- Be mindful of members of the public when cycling and running and maintain 2m physical distance from them if possible.
- If you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or you have not exercised for some time since the Pandemic started then please consider whether you are fit to participate. You should seek medical advice if you are unsure.