Events and training
The Club is keen to start activities and events together again. We adhere to Triathlon Scotland guidance and the Scottish government guidance, so:
- All triathlon related activity we arrange will be kept local and travel to other areas will not be organised, In particular to higher tier levels. If you are living in a one of these areas you cannot attend any training or events currently. We aim to restart training in small groups and encourage virtual training too.
- No car sharing should be used to attend any of the training or events, unless you are from the same household or in a “bubble”. Use of public transport should also be avoided if possible.
- COVID-19 risk assessments have been completes for all training/events. There will be a COVID-19 officer present at all training and group events. You may be reminded of the guidance by them, so be kind. We are hoping to recruit further COVID-19 Officers and if you think you can help then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you do attend a training session or event and feel uncomfortable or unsafe with the COVID-19 measures in place, then please let our welfare officer know. This will be dealt with in a confidential manner at email@example.com please title your Email: Confidential Covid-19 Measures
- Team app and test and protect. To comply with guidance from Triathlon Scotland we must have an accurate list of members attending training and events and those attending must have completed a health declaration. You therefore must register your attendance on the Teams App prior to attending.
- Please ensure your contact number is up to date. Information collected on the Teams App will be stored for 21 days and passed to Test and Protect if needed. The use of team app is vital to the safe running of our training and events, so please ensure you have registered for it prior to attending any training or events.
- You must not share food or water at training or events even if it looks better than your own!
It is good for both your Physical and Mental health to get involved and the club looks forward to seeing you all either in person or virtually over the coming months.
The responsibility for reducing the spread with COVID-19 lies with us all of us, so:
- Members should adhere to the Scottish Government’s physical distancing guidelines of staying at least 2m away from others.
- Members should not attend any training or events if they have Covid-19 symptoms, or if they or anyone in their household or bubble are awaiting a test result.
- Face masks are not required when exercising but should be used at the start of a session and at the end. They are mandatory if you cannot keep a 2m distance.
- Increased hygiene measures must be in place at all times:
- If you need to sneeze or cough, do so into a tissue or upper sleeve. Dispose of your tissue into an appropriate bin or place in a plastic bag and take home.
- Wash your hands afterwards for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your face and ensure you clean your hands with at least 60% alcohol gel or with soapy water when you finish participating.
- Be mindful of members of the public when cycling and running and maintain 2m physical distance from them if possible.
- If you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or you have not exercised for some time since the Pandemic started then please consider whether you are fit to participate. You should seek medical advice if you are unsure.