By entering one of our events you acknowledge, understand and agree that;
- This event is conducted under the relevant national governing body (where applicable) rules and conditions and I agree to acquaint myself with and abide by those rules and any organisers’ instructions. The race organisers’ decisions are final in all circumstances. The Participant shall not be entitled to a refund of the Fees if he or she is disqualified from the Event as a result of an infringement of these Conditions or any such rules and regulations. The Event Organiser is also entitled to impose Event rules upon the Participant from time to time which will form part of these Conditions.
- By completing the registration process you are confirming that all of the information provided is correct. Entries to Borders Triathletes races are non-transferable without the specific written consent of the organisers – you must not allow another person to participate in your name.
- By entering, you accept that your email address can be used for occasional newsletter and similar mailings from Borders Triathletes (Borders Triathletes will not pass any of your details on to 3rd parties without your express permission). You can opt out of the mailing list at any time by emailing details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Borders Triathletes has a GDPR compliant Data Protection Policy – a copy of this can be requested by emailing email@example.com
Borders Triathletes cannot be responsible if event information does not reach the intended recipient by email. The onus is on the competitor to ensure that their spam filters will allow Borders Triathletes and online entry system provider emails through. Borders Triathletes can only be responsible for ensuring that the email address provided by the competitor is the one to which event emails are sent.
- I am aware that my cycle and other equipment must be in a roadworthy/legal/safe condition and am prepared to submit my cycle for official scrutiny immediately prior to the event. It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure that they have the correct equipment required for the event and also to ensure that it is in suitable working order. The organisers will not take responsibility for injury caused by faulty personal equipment.
- I understand that it is the competitor’s responsibility to safeguard such clothing and equipment I may use.
- I understand that I must report to, and return my timing chip to the Finish officials in every circumstance – even upon retiral from the course. Charges equivalent to replacement cost (see sub para. j), plus an administration fee will be charged for missing equipment.
- These events are an extreme test of a person’s physical and mental fitness and has with it the potential for death or serious injury or property loss. The risks of participation include, but are not restricted to: weather conditions, behaviour of other participants, volunteer helpers, officials and spectators in and out of the event, dehydration, hypothermia and behaviour of animals.
Specifically, it is not possible to describe accurately conditions of off-road running and cycling trails. These are very dynamic and can change quickly in relation to weather, competitors use of the trails, general public use of the trails, animals, or other external factors. Borders Triathletes will draw attention where possible to specific ‘out of character’ hazards, but it is always the responsibility of the competitor to assess trail conditions and characteristics for themselves, and make an appropriate decision based on the competitors own ability and skill level.
- It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure that they are medically fit to participate in any of the events advertised on this site. If you have any medical conditions which may affect participation you should first consult your GP and then inform the organisers of the situation.
- It is the competitor’s responsibility to read all of the event information in full detail – including course maps. The organisers will not take responsibility for error as a consequence of competitors not reading pre-race information. Attendance at any pre-race verbal briefing is compulsory. Borders Triathletes will assume all participants have attended and understood the briefing. The organisers will not take responsibility for error or injury as a consequence of competitors not attending the pre-race briefing.
- If a competitor should lose their electronic timing chip during the event, they will be charged £35 for a replacement chip.
- The Event Organiser may introduce cut off times at any time (including dynamically during the event) as they see fit as part of the Event rules, being limits on the time taken to complete sections of the Event to ensure the safe and proper running of the Event. Subsequently, participants may be instructed to withdraw from the event in accordance with imposed cut off times. No refunds will be offered in this situation.
- The Event Organiser reserves the right to change the course or format of the event at any time for safety or other logistical reasons – as examples, in the case of poor water conditions, the right is reserved to change a triathlon event to a duathlon event. In the case of withdrawal of access permissions, the right is reserved to alter courses from the published ones. No refunds will be made in these circumstances.
- The Event Organiser reserves the right at any time to remove Participants from the Event or prevent Participants participating in the Event if it considers such action necessary. No refund of the Fee shall be made if the Participant has acted negligently, maliciously, with wilful misconduct or otherwise without due care and attention for the Event or other participants, so as to cause his/her removal.
- The Participant acknowledges and accepts that circumstances concerning an Event may change from time to time for reasons out of the Event Organiser’s reasonable control or otherwise, without the Event Organiser incurring any liability and without any rights to withdrawal being accrued by the Participant.
- By entering the event the participant consents to:
- his/her appearance in the Event being filmed, recorded, incorporated and exploited in whole or in part in any television programme, film, video or broadcast of whatever nature by all means.
- the use and reproduction of the participant’s name, likeness, appearance and photographs, films and recordings by all means and in all media for the purpose of advertising, publicity and otherwise in relation to the exploitation of the Event (and future events) and/or the promotion of the Event (and future events) and the commercial rights relating to the Event (and future events) provided that such use does not imply direct endorsement by the participant of any official sponsor or supplier of the Event.
- The Event Organiser will use best endeavours to provide an Event finish time for the Participant however it cannot be held responsible for any computer result anomalies or any technical malfunctions.
- The Event Organiser will not be liable for any actions of any spectators or other third parties.
- All prizes must be collected on the day at the event prize giving. Any other event “goodies” must be collected on the day. Borders Triathletes reserves the right to charge for packaging and carriage at cost, plus a £5 admin fee (which must be paid and received by Borders Triathletes prior to despatch being made).
- I understand and agree that I participate in the event entirely at my own risk and that no responsibility whatsoever shall attach to any event sponsors, race directors, or any person involved in the organisation of the event for any injury, accidents, loss or damage suffered by me in, or by reason of the event, however such may be caused. I am healthy and am fit enough to complete this event.
- I will only receive a finishers pack if I complete the Event. Items handed out on registration can only be received at registration. No finishers/registration packs will be provided to spectators or participants outside of these times. Borders Triathletes reserves the right to change the style, size and type of mementos offered in the finishers/registration pack.
- Please note that some of the food products given out on event day may contain or have traces of nuts and nut oils or may have been made alongside other products containing nuts. Borders Triathletes cannot be held responsible for any issues resulting from food allergies.
The following example refund policy shall be in place;
- Entrants wishing to withdraw must inform the organiser by email. Entry fees will be refunded or transferred as follows; up to (1 month prior to race date) 75% refund (less any Entry Central or SI fees), up to (2 weeks prior to race date) 50% refund (less any Entry Central or SI fees). After (2 weeks prior to race date) – no refund.
- Due to the nature of sports events we are unable to make exceptions for injuries or pregnancy.
- Date of withdrawal is date of the email to Borders Triathletes. Telephone or Facebook messages are not acceptable.
- If the event is cancelled due to circumstances out of the organisers control then no refunds will be offered, and the organiser will accept no further liability whatsoever arising from such a cancellation. This includes situations such as adverse weather conditions or major incidents. In this circumstance, the organisers will make every reasonable attempt to reschedule the event, in which scenario, original entrants will have their entry automatically transferred to the rescheduled event.
- If the event is cancelled due to circumstances within the organisers control then entrants will be offered a 50% refund. Entrants must apply in writing (via email) to claim their refund. No refunds will be granted after one month has passed from the event date.
- In the event the Event Organiser withdraws the offer of a place to the Participant in the Event for any reason at any time it will provide the Participant with a full refund of the Fee, with no further liability whatsoever arising from such withdrawal.
- No refunds will be granted after one month has passed from the event date in any circumstance.
Entries are personal and cannot be transferred to another person.
Changes to Entries
You may change your entry up to two weeks before the event, and this must be done in writing to the organiser with full details (firstname.lastname@example.org). This may be subject to a £5 admin fee (which must be paid and received by Borders Triathletes prior to the changes being made).
- Changes (with express permission of the Race Organiser) in the entrant details associated with an entry.